Sunday, June 2, 2013

Coming Soon.....A Visit to a Temazcal


I recently had the opppotunity to go to a temazcal.  

I went with very little expectations. I left feeling lighter, relieved emmotionally and spirutally. Shortly after, I participated in the HASTAC Feminist Scholars Digital Workshop. During the workshop I researched the temazcal tradition and am in the process of writing an article on the temazcal, as well as sharing my own personal experience.

Come back soon to read my article but in the mean time, check out these two videos that I found on Youtube that can give you an idea of what a temazcal is like and what it is all about.

Here is a short video explaining what a temazcal is used for (English):





And here, a man from Danzas Mexicanas explains what a temazcal is (Spanish):



No comments:

Post a Comment